We provide a twenty- four hour
emergency service responding
to all types of incidents
that may involve a threat
to life and property.
Within these pages is all of the information you need to learn about our organisation, what the role of a career firefighter is and importantly how to apply for and work your way through the selection process.
Please spend some time learning about the role and our organisation before making your application. If you need further information or have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Entry Requirements :
- Candidates shall not be less than eighteen (18) years (at the time of screening) and not more than thirty-five (35) years at age on the date of appointment.
- Candidates must be at least 166.25 cm (male) and 160 cm (female) in height and have a good physique.
- Candidates must be of good character and be citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Candidates must be in possession of the following:-
- Three (3( GCE 'O' Level passes - Grade A,B or C. English A Compulsory or
- Three (3) CXC Examination passes in General proficiency - Grade I, II, or III English A Compulsory or
- Three (3) CXC Examination Passes in Basic Grade :-
- Grade I English Language Compulsory
- Grade I or II in two (2) other subjects
- National identification Card, Drivers Permit or Passport issued by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Birth Certificate which must be supported by an affidavit, where the name of the applicant is not recorded on such certificates.
- Two (2) testimonials, not more than three (3) months old.
- If successful at the screening, candidates will be required to write an Entrance Examination set by the Public Service Commission.
- Successful candidates will then be required to take an Aptitude Test. Those passing this test will be required to attend an interview by a selection committee of the Fire Service.
- Successful candidates will then have to undergo a Medical Examination Conducted by a Government Medical Officer.
- A candidate who satisfies these requirement will shall be eligible for appointment as a Trainee and shall be required to undergo a course of training at the Fire Service School.
- A Trainee who successfully completes the course referred to above and is in every respect fit, shall be eligible for appointment on probation for one (1) year as a Firefighter.
- A trainee who fails to satisfy the requirements of the course of training or otherwise not considered fit to be a member of the service shall be discharged from the programme.
- Applicants who have applied previously and were unsuccessful are invited to reapply.
- Possession of the undermentioned skills/certificates will be an asset:-
- Ability to play a musical instrument.
- Possession of an extra heavy duty driver's permit
- Information Technology
- Auto/Diesel Mechanic.